These photos were taken three years ago. Pulling them out of my photo album.
Posts Tagged ‘Founders’ Day’
These photos were taken on Saturday, March 6, 2010, by Brother Jonny McAtee.
Almost 100 Pike alumni, family and friends gathered in Georgetown last Saturday to celebrate Founder’s Day. It was great to see so many there. Below is a re-cap of what transpired.
- Earl Moseley AO ’81 Memorial - Over 100 members of the Southwestern community gathered at the theater on campus to remember and celebrate Earl’s life. Earl was loved and respected by many.
- Centennial Celebration – November 5-6, 2010: Mark your calendars for our chapter’s Centennial, to be celebrated during Homecoming Weekend 2010. Dustin James AO ‘78.5, the Centennial Planning Chair, is organizing activities for the weekend. He is finalizing plans for a dinner party on campus, Friday, Nov. 6, and additional activities throughout the day on Nov. 6. More will come on this in months to come.
- Earl Lee Moseley Memorial Scholarship Fund: Through the hard work of alumni brothers Ray Page AO ’81 and Audie Alcorn AO ’81, a scholarship fund is in the process of being created through Southwestern to honor the life of Earl Moseley that will provide a scholarship on an annual basis to a student who demonstrates financial need, leadership and involvement with civic engagement.
- Alpha Omicron – Pi Kappa Alpha Centennial Scholarship Fund: Those in attendance at at Founder’s Day voted to commemorate our centennial year by creating an endowed scholarship fund through Southwestern that will annually benefit a Pike undergraduate who demonstrates financial aid. Mark Wood AO ’77 has been charged with organizing this initiative and has set a goal of raising $100,000. More information will be provided shortly about how to contribute to this scholarship. With your help, we will reach this goal.
- Active Chapter - Addison English, Chapter SMC, provided those in attendance with an update on the chapter. AO is healthy and thriving. Thirteen pledges were introduced and we learned of the successes our chapter is having as campus leaders.
Below are photos from the day. Should you have any questions about the chapter or the AO Alumni Association, please feel free to contact me. I encourage you to start talking to your pledge brothers about attending Homecoming Weekend for our Centennial Celebration. I look forward to seeing you there.
In the bonds,
Daniel Webb AO ’05
Daniel Webb ’08
Assistant Director of Alumni Relations
1:30 p.m. – March 6, 2010
- Call to order – DW
- Introduction – DW
- Recognize AOAA officers in attendance
- Summarize how the AOAA has assisted the chapter in recent months
- Discussion of scholarship funds
- Intro and background context – DW
- Discuss Earl Moseley Fund – Ray Page
- Discuss Alpha Omicron Centennial Scholarship Fund –Mark Wood
- What is the goal
- How can we get there (different funding tracks)
- Merits of each
- Questions (Kent can field appropriate questions)
- Vote – DW will administer the vote
- Discussion of Centennial Plans
- What is being planned – Dustin James
- Discuss Class Agent Program – DW
- Receive feedback / answer questions
- Update from Active Chapter
- SMC – Addison English
Date: Saturday, March 6, 2010
Time: 12-5 p.m.
Location: San Gabriel House, located across University Ave. from the Cullen Building
12 p.m. – arrive
12:30 – BBQ lunch will be served
1:30 – AOAA Business Meeting including: Discussion of Centennial Celebration plans, discussion of the Alpha Omicron Centennial Scholarship Fund, update from active chapter
5 p.m. – San Gabriel House Closes
We are looking forward to seeing everyone this March for Founders Day. Travel safely and feel free to contact me with any questions.